Re: thoughts on using multi-arch based cross-building

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Wookey wrote:

> It's possible, but some more is still needed to have them built by the
> normal buildds. Wanna-build needs support for cross-arch dependencies;
> that's not been done yet. Splitting (multiarching) libc++-dev is also
> needed to build the g++ cross-compiler, http://bugs.debian.org/678623
> and it would need either a small source package to the do the
> non-standard GCC_TARGET=foo dpkg-buildpackage build, or a bit more
> work to make it standard.

Hmm, ok. I guess that means it would have to go experimental then.
Fine for me though.

> Thibg's final report gives a useful summary:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2012/08/msg00002.html
> and this blog post gives some more details:
> http://gsoc.sitedethib.com/posts/State_of_Multiarch_Cross-toolchains_three_weeks_after_GSoC/

I tried following that the other week and came across some gotchas:

You really do need to apply his patches, the blog post doesn't make
that too obvious.

He missed out the GCC_TARGET=armhf in front of the `debian/rules
control` and `dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -b` commands.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise