Re: mass bug filing about packages manipulating/deleting shipped files

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:

> Really? I didn't read the license, but either it's not neccessary, or
> it's a DFSG§4 violation: “The license must explicitly permit
> distribution of software built from modified source code.”

I'm not sure why mirror is still doing this, given the correspondence
recorded in the mirror copyright file which says that patching in the
Debian *.diff.gz file is perfectly fine.

The license is not particularly well-written, but given the clarifying
correspondence, the intent appears to be to allow distributing of the
pristine source plus patch files.