mass bug filing about packages manipulating/deleting shipped files

Hi,

another recent addition to piuparts is running debsums to see whether
shipped files are being incorrectly modified. This feature is in a
experimental stage and not available in the git repository, yet.

So far I have seen these problems:

* package modifies a conffile it ships
* package modifies a non-conffile it ships
* package deletes a (conf)file it ships
* (maybe all these bad things on files shipped by other packages, too,
but I didn't analyze the logs and packages in detail, yet)

and not only as a single occurrence :-(

What's the appropriate severity for these bugs? I would assume serious.

Modifying conffiles is forbidden by policy 10.7.3
I'm not sure about the other cases, but that should be forbidden as well.

Andreas