Re: packages, uses dbconfig-common and mysql/postgresql installation order.

Le 16/09/2012 09:00, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 02:43:23PM +0400, Alexander Golovko wrote:
>> This is related to apt-get  package installation order algorithm and i
>> don't know how to force mysql and potgresql configuration before
>> package configuration.
>>
>> How can be this problem solved?
>
> You should make sure the database configuration is done in
> bacula-director's postinst. That will ensure the director is not
> configured until all its dependencies have been.

I did not checked the bacula-director case explicitly. But, in case
of a software using a DB and using dbconfig-common, the database
dependency cannot be a hard one (ie a Depends) as the database can
be installed on another machine. Instead, Recommends or even
Suggests are used. This is perhaps the reason why Alexander Golovko
see some problems in postinst order between the DB and its package.

One possible solution would be that apt (dpkg?) try to order package
postinst as much as possible, not only for depends as currently, but
also recommends and suggests *when possible*. I do not know at all
if what I suggest is already implemented or not.

  Regards,
    Vincent
--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87