Re: Files-Excluded field and security implications of uscan and debian/copyright.

Hi Gregor,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 07:11:20PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > like calls because system does not return the number of files.
>
> I'm attaching a small example that uses File::Find for this purpose.

Do I understand you correctly that these are just academic examples
to spread some Perl knowledge (which is perfectly welcome) or do you
want me to apply this instead of the `` call?

> When I looked at your patches first, I also wanted to suggest to
> replace various calls of system() by perl modules [0] -- but then I saw
> that system() is used all over the place in uscan.pl, so that would
> mean a major rewrite ...

Yep.  I think for the intended purpose of uscan the use of system is
appropriate and a rewrite makes no real sense.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de