Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source (Was: Minified javascript files)

Le 05/09/2012 22:11, Andreas Tille a écrit :
>>> So we finally have three independently developed solutions (we also have
>>> several instances of a debian/get-orig-source script in Debian Med
>>> team) and my suggestion was just to settle with a common and simple
>>> solution.  This should be pretty simple to implement (I'd volunteer to
>>> do this but wanted to seek for comments before filing a bug report +
>>> patch).
>>
>> There is also the --filter-pristine-tar option to git-import-orig, which
>> can be specified in debian/gbp.conf. We routinely use it in the OCaml
>> team (see e.g. why).
>
> I'm not sure whether I understand what you want to tell here.  Do you
> think git-import-orig should filter out / remove files mentioned in
> debian/copyright field Files-Excluded?

No, I was just mentioning a fourth independently developed solution.

If an agreement is reached on Files-Excluded, I guess git-import-orig
could also take it into account (probably via a new option, though).

Cheers,

--
Stéphane