Re: Enabling uupdate to simply remove files from upstream source (Was: Minified javascript files)

On 05/09/2012 22:11, Andreas Tille wrote:
On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 08:19:29PM +0200, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
Le 17/08/2012 13:08, Andreas Tille a écrit :
So we finally have three independently developed solutions (we
also have several instances of a debian/get-orig-source script in
Debian Med team) and my suggestion was just to settle with a
common and simple solution.  This should be pretty simple to
implement (I'd volunteer to do this but wanted to seek for
comments before filing a bug report + patch).

There is also the --filter-pristine-tar option to git-import-orig,
which can be specified in debian/gbp.conf. We routinely use it in
the OCaml team (see e.g. why).

I'm not sure whether I understand what you want to tell here.  Do
you think git-import-orig should filter out / remove files mentioned
in debian/copyright field Files-Excluded?

I think he was mentioning another method that helps maintainers to
automatically clean the imported tarball when importing it. IIRC, this method has been added to git-import-orig circa DebConf9. Its use is very simple, IMHO. Did you try to see how it works? (at least, its interface).

See http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/why.git;a=blob;f=debian/gbp.conf;h=4435dcbe6d877cec7f562e8757939b7e98ecf5d8;hb=HEAD for how to configure it.

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy مهدي الدڤي