Re: libfm and pcmanfm in debian

[2] <http://lists.lxde.org/pipermail/lxde-debian/2012-August/date.html>

> Yes, I know about those and every question you've raised is fixed
> already. The problem is LXDE maintainers are very busy this summer
> so I've decided to help them but I'm new in this area
> unfortunately.

And as the freeze date and release date of 1.0 did not work out as we
would hope I for one accepted the fact that the next Debian stable
will be shipped with the same version as has been in the archive for a
long time.
I don't see this as a bad thing, the new version sure is better but
the current version works and is good enough. Introducing a new
untested version at this stage (or earlier during July or August) was
not even on the map if you ask me.

I like the current relationship between upstream LXDE and Debian (and
Ubuntu and Fedora and OpenSUSE) and I like Debian to have the best
possible version of the LXDE components ofc, but when the releases and
freeezes do not align these things happens. There will be new pcmanfm
and libfm releases soon, pushing for 1.0 now and then have new
releases and start pushing for their inclusion? Not really.

Upstream LXDE must continue to do good stuff and release at it's own
plan and Debian need to stick to another schedule. Maybe we will
backport and support pcmanfm and libfm in Debian backports. Maybe not.

- --
brother
http://sis.bthstudent.se