Re: Renaming packages: maintscripts

On 02.09.2012 23:54, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-09-02 at 23:17 +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> [...]
>> But the OP system does not have old autofs5 package installed,
>> only the config files from it, and the maintscripts.  Which is
>> exactly the problem.
>>
>> I want to ensure that if old autofs5 is installed, installing
>> new autofs should pull new autofs5 TOO.
>>
>> The only way currently I see to do it is to declare autofs
>> as DEPENDING on autofs5.  This is obviously ugly, but it will
>> save from this very situation, and I don't see any other way.
>> Is there?
>
> # in autofs.postinst
> rm -f /var/lib/dpkg/info/autofs5.postrm

I thought about this too (was an alternative to depends), but it
looked somehow too ugly for me to mess with "other package"
maintscripts.  But now when I think about it, this seems to be
the most correct solution now.

> (There may be a cleaner way to do this.)

Steve's version looks a bit more correct - after all it is
possible to tell dpkg to use alternative file locations.

Thank you for the suggestion!

/mjt