Re: Stuff from /bin, /sbin, /lib depending on /usr/lib libraries

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:

> Imho moving pam modules around is just wasted (maintainer) time.
> A much more sensible approach is to just lift the /-vs-/usr restriction.

We just had a long discussion about this.  I think it's fairly safe to say
that while there are a number of people who think the distinction is not
particularly meaningful, there are others who still use it for various
reasons, and there's no consensus for doing this right now.