Re: About the media types text/x-php and text/x-php-source

Ian Jackson writes ("Re: About the media types text/x-php and text/x-php-source"):
> This is the wrong way to think of it.  The right way is "is it
> intended by the sender to be executed by the recipient _as part of
> display of the message_" ?

Oh and I should draw the obvious conclusion about PHP.  If you attach
a ".php" file to an email, you do not intend for the recipient to
execute it.  PHP files should not be executed routinely; rather, they
should be executed only when that is clearly intended.  So *.php
should be text/x-php.

The same applies to Perl, Python, etc.

If it is conventional to drop files called *.php into webserver trees,
without marking them executable or configuring the webserver for them,
and expect the webserver to execute them, then that is a matter for
the webserver and not something that should be done via the mime type
system.

Ian.