Re: Enabling uscan to simply remove files from upstream source

Le Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 07:24:06AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 01:03:03PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> > I also think that the current proposal would be a good opportunity to transfer
> > the information about source location and excluded files in a separate file
> > that would be parsed by uscan and others, and which format would be easier than
> > debian/watch.
>
> I guess you mean your DEP12 proposal, right?[1]

Hi Andreas,

I also considered, but the information of what files are excluded when creating
the Debian source package is not relevant to upstream.

More simply, I think that if debian/watch would radically change its format to
YAML or the Debian control data file syntax, it would be a good place for the
Files-Excluded field.  And it already contains the information about where the
upstream source is distributed, so for most packages, it would only take one
patch to Debhelper, one to the PTS and one to packages.debian.org to get the
information distribued to our users.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy