Re: How to handle dirty tarballs (Was: Enabling uscan to simply remove files from upstream source)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012, Andreas Tille wrote:
> do not create a subdirectory).  When I write get-orig-source tarballs
> I always create a <pkg>-<version> directory and unpack the content
> to this.  Should this be implemented as well or do you think it is
> better to change as less as possible?

You can always create the directory, unpack the tarball there, and
repack at the same level, so it will retain the same folder structure as
the original tarball.

That said, since you're already messing with the tarball anyway, IMO you
might as well make it sane.

  Henrique Holschuh