Re: can we (fully) fix/integrate NetworkManager (preferred) or release-goal its decommissioning

Hello,

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:21:18 +0200
Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:

> > People talk about how ifupdown works well with other configuration
> > tools, unlike Network Manager.  But it doesn't, it only knows how to
> > undo the configuration specified in /etc/network/interfaces.

> ifupdown should be the only way to configure network interfaces.
> Debian should get rid of NM, ifconfig, ip, and all the other heretic
> programs that break ifupdown.

Haha, how clever and funny. And now please go and write you own
NetConfNG which handles all the possible situations, ever. Or maybe you
know any which does that already? I'm not aware of it.

--
WBR, Andrew