Re: RFC: terminate init script when service is ready

On Aug 18, Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:

> >Anything that uses IPv6 and cannot deal with dynamic changes on the host
> >addresses is critically broken.
> That includes bind, radvd and apache, and, IIRC, sshd.
BIND definitely looks for new IP addresses:

options {
  interface-interval N;
}

I think that radvd works as expected as it does.

Non-static addresses on a web server are not a major use case.

But still, I agree that we should have a better way to signal to user
space when an interface is ready. Not just for IPv6, but also more
generally for interfaces which are subject to the STP delays.

--
ciao,
Marco