Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
> You can't imagine how much I blame Debian each time I have to type the
> full path "/sbin/ifconfig" as a non-root user on virtual servers to just
> know the IP address the DHCP server assigned to the machine.

The 'ip' command is in /bin/ip and always available in PATH.  It is
the currently recommended swiss-army chainsaw network tool.  Give it a

  $ ip addr show
  $ ip addr show eth0

And of course you can add the sbins to your PATH in .profile so that
you have what you want always.  (I always add the sbin's to my PATH.)