Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

> The 'ip' command is in /bin/ip and always available in PATH.  It is
> the currently recommended swiss-army chainsaw network tool.  Give it a
> try.
>
>   $ ip addr show
> Or:
>   $ ip addr show eth0
>
> And of course you can add the sbins to your PATH in .profile so that
> you have what you want always.  (I always add the sbin's to my PATH.)
>
> Bob

Hi,

what exactly is the actually reason that a default normal user has ip in
his PATH but not ifconfig (also route)? Both tools provide similar
functions for both root-users and non-root-user. I think that should be
more consistent. (which way to make it consistent is another point,
though)

Kind Regards,
Michael