Re: Change default PATH for Jessie / wheezy+1

Ulrich Dangel <uli@spamt.net> writes:

> Currently the default PATH for Debian does not include /sbin, /usr/sbin,
> nor /usr/local/sbin. If an user wants to run a program in either /sbin/
> or /usr/sbin the full path must be specified.

I don't see any point in doing this as opposed to just moving everything
from sbin into bin and making sbin a symlink to bin.  If we're going to
add them both to the PATH, that means there's no longer any effective
difference, and we should make that explicit.

Let's not create another halfway situation that makes no sense in its own
right and exists only because we can't make up our mind between two
mutually-exclusive alternatives.  Either it makes sense to separate root
commands from regular user commands or it doesn't.