Low acceptance of Elektra

Hi all,

I recently stumbled over Elektra (http://www.libelektra.org/ but the page seems to be unreachable at the time of this writing) and because I find the idea of a central configuration store very interesting I’ve done some research. Anyway I had to realize that its acceptance is generally very low although I think it could provide some huge advantages to tools like webmin. Are there any technical reasons for this that I am missing? I know that there are some elektra packages in the repo but I cannot find any projects making use of it.  Is there any effort in patching some of the major services to make use of libelektra?

Thanks

Felix