Re: Modified http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper to mention non-packagers (Re: [CTTE #614907] Resolution of node/nodejs conflict)

Le Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 08:20:47AM +0100, Lars Wirzenius a écrit :

> Personally I don't think we need separate terms for voting member with
> uploading rights and those without such rights; in the few cases where
> the difference matters, it's easier (I think also better) to spell it
> out rather than having yet another Debian specific term.

Hi all,

I think that the discussions for the "Project membership procedures" and
"Debian project members" GRs showed that a significant number of Debian
Developers do not agree with the idea of using different titles for the project
members according to if they have upload rights or not.

The "Project membership procedures" GR effectively blocked such a proposition
and the "Debian project members" GR faced some opposition until it was amended
to not introduce the term of "Debian Contributors."

Unless there are new arguments justificating such a split, I think that it would
be unproductive to propose again what has been rejected twice.

In that sense, I think that the wiki pages http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDeveloper
and http://wiki.debian.org/DebianProjectMember are quite misleading, and should
be corrected, or deleted if they are abandonned drafts.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan