NEWS.Debian entries intended for developers - backwards-incompatible changes in Perl HTML::Tree (Fwd: apt-listchanges news for vinci)

Hi,
Perl HTML::Tree 5 has backwards-incompatible interface changes. Version 5.00-1 added a NEWS.Debian entry to warn about that. As the entry below shows, it is intended for developers (although it could actually make sense to warn users too that the interface is unversioned). But it also shows for simple users who have the library installed. I was in this case when libhtml-tree-perl migrated to testing and I upgraded my system. The operation was interrupted with a prompt which requested my intervention (I use apt-listchanges). I simply use Gnucash, and find this warning unnecessary. The problem is that this library doesn't have a binary package and a development package; everything is in the same package. The proportion of people with libhtml-tree-perl using the package for development must be very small, and I don't think this entry is worth the noise. On the other hand, it's not completely worthless. Do we have guidance on NEWS.Debian usage, giving advice for such situations?