Re: Recommends for metapackages

On Ma, 10 iul 12, 18:43:03, Gergely Nagy wrote:

> During the past ~14 years I've been using Debian with that setting
> turned off, nothing ever broke on my systems because of this setting. If
> it does, then I'll consider that a bug and report it appropriately.

Depending on how you do the package selection on your next installation
you might end up with rsyslog, but without logrotate[1].

This is just one example of ways to break your system by not installing
recommends.

[1] which makes sense, given that the admin may want to use rsyslog with
remote logging.

Kind regards,
Andrei