Re: CD sizes again (and BoF reminder!)

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 02:12:44PM -0600, Joey Hess wrote:
> Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > It looks to me like a current debian-installer build installs grub2,
> > with no option for grub-legacy, even in expert mode.
>
> grub-legacy is still used for multipath and sataraid.
> Something was going to be done to make grub2 support those, but
> I don't know the status.

wheezy's grub2 is much better at multipath than squeeze's - I've
switched several production machines to the wheezy variant because It
Just Worked for me, while the squeeze version would fail to figure out
devices whenever update-grub was run.

J.

--
101 things you can't have too much of : 27 - Ice cream.