Re: Improving our response to "duplicate" packages in Debian

> - Research how many similar software packages are there actually in Debian, in
>   what shape they are, whether they have active upstream and downstream
>   maintainers. Complain about the worst package in that selection instead.

to address Ben's comments and to possibly distill Guus's nice list into
easily available and digestible post, I have placed an extract of
it into http://wiki.debian.org/ITP  so we could refine it and possibly
refer to it.

Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik