Re: Is it possible to run autopkgtest without a virtual machine ?

* Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>, 2012-06-22, 17:46:
adt-run needs a virtual machine. I know that some developers have some workarounds, but couldn't autopkgtest also support running tests on the local system? This would be tremendously useful when the tests can be contained in the binary packages, as it would make it very easy for our users and ourselves to test the packages.

Thanks to Michael's hint, I found that the following command will work locally.

sudo adt-run --no-built-binaries foo.dsc --- adt-virt-null

(See https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/06/msg00501.html )

I guess that the next step is to let autopkgtest run as a user (http://bugs.debian.org/648148), make it easier to invoke (adt-virt-null is not mentionned in the manual page, and even with --no-built-binaries it still tries to download some stuff or create a GPG key), and give it a more user-friendly output.

You might be interested in my own minimalistic DEP-8 test runner:
https://bitbucket.org/jwilk/debian-misc/src/tip/sadt

--
Jakub Wilk