Re: Proprietary software that's hard to avoid.

+++ Thomas Goirand [2012-06-25 05:12 +0800]:
> On 06/21/2012 10:09 PM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> For the booking of tickets, (public system) car software, etc., we
> have no choice.

Actually you can run your car on free software (since 2011), although
it's definately still at the 'enthusiast' level:

http://forum.diyefi.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1699

And you can tune it with free software so long as it's a Subaru:
http://www.romraider.com/

As it's pretty-much impossible to buy a car without an ECU in now,
next time I get one I'll have to take a look at this stuff. This is
one bit of proprietary software I'd be quite keen to swap out.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/