Re: "could not perform immediate configuration"

On 12-06-23 at 12:55pm, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> I have a problem with one of my packages and I am unable to see the
> beginning of a solution for it. The bug report is here:
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=677803
>
> In Squeeze, `roundcube` depends on `roundcube-core` which depends on
> `roundcube-sqlite | roundcube-mysql | roundcube-pgsql`. Each of those
> packages depends on the appropriate PHP package and client for the
> given database.
>
> When upgrading to Wheezy, I have:
>
> #v+
> E: Could not perform immediate configuration on
> 'roundcube-mysql'. Please see man 5 apt.conf under
> APT::Immediate-Configure for details. (2)
> #v-
>
> The manual page does not help me. There is no circular dependency and
> the priority of packages is "extra".
>
> The change between Wheezy and Squeeze is that roundcube-sqlite package
> has been dropped. `roundcube-core` now depends on `roundcube-mysql |
> roundcube-pgsql`. I suppose this is why I get the error but I don't
> know how to solve it.
>
> I was suggested to turn `roundcube-sqlite` into some kind of
> transitional package. But it seems difficult for me to choose between
> `roundcube-mysql` and `roundcube-sqlite`. And it does not explain why
> APT does not know how to handle this. A conflict with
> `roundcube-sqlite` may work but is it sane to add "Conflicts" for
> this?

Sounds like similar problem I have with initial install of
buddycloud-server. It seems to me it is a problem related to
dbconfig-common - if both my package and dbconfig-common and dependent
database package is installed in same batch then my package may be
configured before the others and fail.

I cannot see other solution than pre-depending on dbconfig-common and
database package - which is ugly.

 - Jonas