Re: Lintian warning: hardening-no-fortify-functions & version numbering

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 04:42:33PM +0200, José Luis Segura Lucas wrote:
> > Why do you need hardening-wrapper? You should use flags set by
> > dpkg-buildflags.
> Because that
> (http://wiki.debian.org/Hardening#Notes_for_packages_using_CMake),
> referred by lintian-info too. Using it I only need to define "export
> DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1" on my debian/rules and it adds the CPPFLAGS to
> CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS (Cmake ignores CPPFLAGS).
I see several solutions there, and the hardening-wrapper one is in my
opinion the worst one: it adds a build dependency and it uses own set of
configuration variables, not compatible with dpkg-buildflags ones.

> > file:///usr/share/doc/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.html#GBP.IMPORT.UPSTREAM-GIT
> > (if you use git-buildpackage)
> I don't use git-buildpackage
Then I don't understand what do you mean by "packaging directly from VCS".

> and git describe on their repository
> returns a bit estrange string...
>
> $ git describe --tags
> v0.1.1-27-g55c0f4e
I thought you've meant exactly the -27-g55c0f4e part.

--
WBR, wRAR