Re: [RFC] Add upstream VCS info to control file

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:50:35PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> I quite not agree with both "solutions" to use debian/README.source
> or debian/upstream. Here's why.
>
> 1/ Packaging workflow with upstream Git repository

I agree that debian/README.source is no solution because it is no
machine parseable format.  However in your reasoning I was not able to
find a reason against debian/upstream.  If this file would be
established as a default file and would be used by the according tools
everything you want to aproach would be possible.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de