Re: [RFC] Add upstream VCS info to control file

Gregor Jasny <gjasny@googlemail.com> writes:

> When one tries to fix a FTBFS bug a look into the upstream VCS is
> often helpful. Sometimes a link to browse them is easily found on the
> homepage linked from the PTS page. But often these links are deeply
> buried in the linked website.
>
> What I'd like to see in the Debian control file are Vcs-Upstream
> fields that work like their Vcs- pendents but point to the upstream
> sources. These URLs would also be linked in the PTS.
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

I'd rather put it in debian/README.source, I see no need of shoveling
yet more fields into debian/control. (Yeah, yeah, having it there would
make it possible to do debheckout --upstream or similar, but.. that
would be rarely needed enough to use README.source instead).