Re: Maintainers, teams, Uploaders, DMs, DDs, etc.

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Arno Töll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a clarification, because I was pointed to it:
>
> On 13.06.2012 18:54, Arno Töll wrote:
>> Drive-by sponsoring makes this even more complicated and is not helping
>> anybody. We should stop advocating drive-by sponsoring at all.
>
> ... with the exception of evident cases like RC bug fixes, emergency
> uploads or any other kind of upload where an urgent fix is needed.
>
> That's clearly not what I meant to address. I am merely addressing the
> phenomenon of mass drive-by sponsoring of random packages.
>
> Yes, that happens quite regularly and I do not think this is how
> sponsoring should work at all.

Is that worse than the package being completely ignored?

I'm really not sure what your definition of drive-by is.  Sometimes
I'll make time to look at a package interesting me, I'll communicate
with the sponsoree, upload it if they address my concerns, then follow
it for a little while to make sure nothing bad happened.  Is that a
drive-by?

Best wishes,
Mike