Re: Lets (eventually) find a good solution for /tmp

On 10 June 2012 19:31, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> On 06/11/2012 12:06 AM, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> swap file on / [...] is
>> really the direction that we should be going
> NO !
>
> Does this need to be explained? :/

Not quite sure what you're objecting to. If you are against the use of
swap files rather than swap partitions then yes, it does need to be
explained, because as far as I am aware a swap file is the better
choice in virtually all situations (and is what I've been using
exclusively since Linux 2.6 removed the downsides).

If in fact there are any remaining downsides I'm unaware of, it would
be good to see them documented.