Re: Orphaning php-codesniffer, then take it over by the PHP PEAR team

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 06:03:05PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> There is no excuse for hijacking a package, ever.

Hmm, this arguing sounds quite German to me.  Rules are rules are rules
and you should not disregard them.  So a German will wait in front of a
red traffic light even if there is no visible sign of any car and no
sound that might give some signal for any traffic.  When I was abroad I
enjoyed the habit of other nations just to know when breaking a rule
makes perfectly sense.  I also think that some common sense could be
applied in very obvious cases and this discussion shows that several
respected people do agree that there are cases like this where there
actually is an excuse for hijacking a package.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de