Orphaning php-codesniffer, then take it over by the PHP PEAR team

Hi,

Jack Bates is supposed to maintain php-codesniffer, available from:
http://pear.php.net/package/PHP_CodeSniffer

Unfortunately, the PTS for this package shows that this package last
upload was from 2008-10-05, few months after version 1.1.0 was released
upstream (on the 2008-07-14). Upstream has been releasing every 3 to 6
months since, but none of the upstream versions have been released.

PHPUnit has been uploaded to SID, and will soon migrate to testing. This
PHP_CodeSniffer is a good QA tool as well, and we'd like to see the
latest version in Wheezy as well.

We sent a mail 5 days ago to Jack Bates, and he didn't reply. It's
currently obvious that there's very few chances that Jack Bates will
upload a new version of php-codesniffer before Wheezy freezes.

So, we'd like to have php-codesniffer orphaned, then taken over by us
(eg: the PKG-PHP Pear team). Jack Bates would anyway be very welcome to
join the team, and continue to do his packaging (we can add him to the
Uploaders: list if he wishes), even after this procedure.

So, if nobody objects within the next following 2 or 3 days, and if Jack
doesn't show up and oppose to this procedure, we'll do that.

If anyone doesn't agree, please raise your concern *now* (including you,
Jack).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)