Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useful

On 26 May 2012 19:20, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clopez@igalia.com> wrote:
> *Important*: use "df -h /tmp" NOT "du -hs /tmp", since the flash player
> deletes the file entry from /tmp as soon as it gets the inode allocated.
> I believe this a measure to "prevent" piracy (people ripping the video
> from /tmp)

I think you're too willing to assume bad faith. If I were writing
similar software, that's exactly what I'd do: create a temporary file,
which will be in /tmp except in the marginal corner-case that the user
has set another $TMPDIR, then unlink it and continue using it. This
means that you don't need to worry about deleting it afterwards, even
if your application crashes or is killed, and has no obvious
downsides.