Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useless

On 05/27/2012 08:09 PM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> But my point was that people will not switch to writing small temporary
> files somewhere else, because they have not switched to writing files to
> $TMPDIR even after 10 years.

Please define who are the people you are talking about. If they aren't
using mktemp, please file a bug. Also, if we really have a critical
performance issue with /tmp, then having an alternative in /run/tmp
using tmpfs is the solution, and it really can (and will) be
addressed if there's a real problem.

Thomas