Re: amd64 as default architecture

Ben Hutchings dixit:

>> >No, keep i386 userland only.
>>
>> Oh, definitely not! Please keep this runnable on at least
>> machines such as Soekris (486-compatible), Pentium-M, etc.
>
>For ever and ever and ever?

Hm, 2035 or thereabounds sounds good. ;-) Then let’s talk again.

>Right, sparc32 kernel builds were more-or-less broken for a long time.

Ah, okay.

>I think sparc32 is in better shape now but it seems pointless to bring
>them back.

Probably yes; it’s been broken on Linux for so long I believe every
remaining user switched to MirBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD in the meantime or
picked up something like SunOS 4 from some archive. And those are,
unlike i386, no longer built any more either. (Still usable though.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
08:05⎜<XTaran:#grml> mika: Does grml have an tool to read Apple
     ⎜    System Log (asl) files? :)