Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On Wed, 16 May 2012 07:53:55 -0300
Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:

> On 05/16/2012 06:10 AM, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> > Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:
> >> No, you don't.  On a default Debian system you need to be a member of
> >> the "floppy" group. From  /lib/udev/rules.d/91-permissions.rules :
> >
> > Yeah but you are not a member of that group by default surely?
>
> $ debconf-show user-setup

... that listing isn't available on Squeeze ...

If we're to document this, it would need to be as-per Squeeze.

>   passwd/user-default-groups: audio cdrom dip floppy video plugdev
> netdev powerdev scanner bluetooth

floppy is in my `groups` on Squeeze (scanner is not but the rest on the
list above are).

dialout cdrom floppy sudo audio dip video plugdev netdev bluetooth

dialout and sudo explicitly added, rest are the defaults IIRC.

--

Neil Williams