Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On Tue, 15 May 2012 22:34:20 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> > And the USB-stick process is not as simple as it might be because you
> > have to find the HD-media files and then _also_ find an iso image to
> > put on. It's no wonder newbs are still downloading CD/DVD images.
> I thought HD-media was a thing of the past with the newish isohybrid
> stuff where you just cat the ISO to the device? Pretty sure thats what
> I did for the last install I did.

Same here.

My last install with an USB stick (2 months ago) must have been as
easy as dd'ing or cat'ing the ISO to a device since I don't remember
any details or even problems, and I'm quite sure I didn't hunt down
any additional files or used any non-standard tools.

(I think it was a testing image from February or something similar,
in case they are different .... Ah, I still have it,
debian-testing-amd64-netinst.iso, downloaded on March 4th.)

Cheers,
gregor

   `-   NP: David Bowie: Fashion