Re: why do people introduce stup^Wstrange changes to quilt 3.0 format

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 03:17:17PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mo, 14 Mai 2012, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > isn't indicative of an error.  A good way to indicate that is to unfuzz
> > the patch.
>
> Or build a source and binary package, do normal testing *as*usual*
> and upload ...

Hmmm, what exactly is "normal testing *as*usual*"?  Isn't it a duty of
the maintainer to inspect critical parts of the code?  IMHO existing
patches are a perfect sign for a critical part of the code and leaving a
fuzzy patch implies you did not spended time on investigating the code.
A clean patch is somehow a tickmark "Yes, I've checked this problematic
piece of code".  I really like this sensible behavour of dpkg-*.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de