Re: Version for a returning package

On Sunday, May 13, 2012 13:41:13, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On 12-05-13 at 10:51am, Chris Knadle wrote:

> > > Yes, some systems have packages installed that Debian do not
> > > support: Debian do not support keeping obsolete packages installed.
> > >
> > > That said, it is not _forbidden_ to track version numbers of Ubuntu,
> > > debian-multimedia.org and obsolete Debian distro releases.
> >
> > Just to let you know:
> > debian-multimedia.org has just switched domain names to
> > deb-multimedia.org
> >
> > I think this was done to comply with Debian's policy on domain name
> > usage.

I was talking about this announcement on the d-m.o mailing list:

http://www.deb-multimedia.org/lurker/message/20120510.082033.f48a991f.en.html

> Not yet switched but renewed the old name, advertising new site one only
> in words - not technically with 301 redirection (yes, unsupported by APT
> but could be put on e.g. front page),

Concerning the old domain name:
 - Website lists the change (at least in words) on the front page.
 - Repository links point to the new domain name.
 - Website sidebar removed only on the old domain name.

New deb-multimedia-keyring package replaces the debian-multimedia-keyring
package.  Both old and new repositories updated during the transition.  If apt
doesn't support redirection then I'm not sure what else he could do.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us