Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

SEEWEB - Marco d'Itri <md@seeweb.it> writes:

> But this is a user error. The point is that with etc-overrides-lib there
> is no prompt at all when the upstream configuration changes.

Bzzt. There's no prompt ever when upstream defaults change. Unless *all*
the defaults are laid out in /etc, *AND* the user modified that
particular file.

If suddenly /etc/$program.conf, which I never modified changes, and I
have custom snippets under /etc/$program.d/*.conf, those snippets might
very well break.

Do I get a prompt? No. The closest I get is that $program.conf was
upgraded. I see no diff, unless I keep track of my /etc in other ways.