Re: [Pkg-javascript-devel] Node.js and it's future in debian

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 07:41:33PM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
[snip]
> It also prevents a HAM from deciding to dabble in Node.js while
> preserving the 'node' name for their ax25 use.

Wasn't the main reason (apart from the seniority argument) for
preserving the node name for ax25 to prevent remote unmonitored highly
important systems from failing?  Surely such systems are not quite
candidates for dabbling with Node.js on...

That said, there's no way we can solve this in a clean way.  No matter
what solution is chosen in the end someone will suffer from it.  No
matter who wins, the users lose :S  And I don't blame the Debian
maintainers of either package.  I think that the upstream for Node.js
should've done their homework a bit better though, and that the ax25
upstream should've had a bit more imagination.  But shit happened
already.

Regards: David
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@debian.org> /) Rime on my window           (\
//  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   //  Diamond-white roses of fire //