From plain license text to debian copyright (was: Re: Licenses not in /usr/share/common-licenses)

On Monday 07 May 2012 14:24:48 Jakub Wilk wrote:
> How does it know whether to indent a line by one space[1] or two
> spaces[2]? I am specifically thinking about avoiding mistakes like this:

Err... Currently, the algorithm is quite dumb: the whole text is shifted by
one space, empty lines are replaced with ' .'. Thus the formatting of the
original text is kept in debian/copyright file.

I.e. it will be no better than the dh-make template you've shown :-/

I'll try to re-format such text with Text::Autoformat (another example of
Damian Conway's magic) . Hopefully it will provide better results.

All the best

--
https://github.com/dod38fr/config-model/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/
    http://ddumont.wordpress.com/        -o-   irc: dod at irc.debian.org