Licenses not in /usr/share/common-licenses

Hi,

while packaging a few extensions (mainly licensed under the MPL)
within the pkg-mozext team we received a few rejects from the FTP Team
having the following rationale:

"the MPL license is not installed under /usr/share/common-licenses,
thus the full text has to be added into debian/copyright."

Since the MPL is not a short license [1], we decided to handle the
current situation by linking the license to a static file included in
the /usr/share/doc/xul-ext-packagename directory this way:

"License: MPL-1.1
 The complete text of the Mozilla Public License can be found in
 the `MPL' file in the same directory as this file."

We, then, received another reject. So, what's the working solution for
these kind of cases? is it including the full text of the license a
bit of a non-sense when we can directly link back to a static file?
what's the rationale behind including the full license? why the
relevant bug report [2] has been started back in 2008 but as of today,
has still no decision?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/