Re: Making -devel discussions more viable

On Mon, 07 May 2012, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> On Sun, 06 May 2012, Chris Knadle wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 03, 2012 02:50:41, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > Maybe we need a private DD-only list where people interested in
> > > improving our lists can CC their private complaints. listmasters
> > > could follow the list and take action when they notice that
> > > the same person got multiple complaints.
> >
> > FWIW there's a [debian-private] mailing list:
> >    debian-private: Private discussions among developers
> >
> > and this list is not archived.
>
> Heh, thank you for the notice. But I knew about this list (and any DD knows
> about it since most of us are subscribed and it's one of the first things
> that you do when you get the DD status) and it's really not its purpose.
>
> I believe that such mails should not be imposed to debian-private readers
> but only to people who specifically opted to help "moderate" our mailing
> lists through "social influence".
I am just speaking for myself as listmaster. But I don't think any DD has
more "right" to talk on a mailinglist than anybody else. I won't support such
a proposal nor want I participate in it. If you have a problem with someone
on a mailinglist, report it and listmasters decide if we should step in.

Alex - with his - personal - listmaster hat on