Re: Making -devel discussions more viable

On Sun, 06 May 2012, Chris Knadle wrote:
> On Thursday, May 03, 2012 02:50:41, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Maybe we need a private DD-only list where people interested in
> > improving our lists can CC their private complaints. listmasters
> > could follow the list and take action when they notice that
> > the same person got multiple complaints.
>
> FWIW there's a [debian-private] mailing list:
>    debian-private: Private discussions among developers
>
> and this list is not archived.

Heh, thank you for the notice. But I knew about this list (and any DD knows
about it since most of us are subscribed and it's one of the first things
that you do when you get the DD status) and it's really not its purpose.

I believe that such mails should not be imposed to debian-private readers
but only to people who specifically opted to help "moderate" our mailing
lists through "social influence".

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer