Re: switching from exim to postfix

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 01:55:24PM BST, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Not on a laptop or any machine that has to conserve power and avoid
> unnecessary wakeups / disk spin-ups.

Or any device with an SSD or SD card (more and more popular net-tops
nowadays).

> A cronjob every 5 minutes means you need to start up the process, which adds
> quite a bit of churn.  Worse, it will spam the logs, and since at least
> auth.log is fsync()ed after every write, it needs to spin up the disk.

This is the reason why I got rid of DMA on my systems, the defaults -
cron job and unnecessary entries in the logs.
Other than that I don't really have anything else against it.
If those two get fixed it could be a sane default MTA (IMHO).

Cheers,
--
Raf