Re: what to do is maintainer is lacking?

Chris Knadle <Chris.Knadle@coredump.us> writes:

> I think the above is reasonable and fits the Debian "do-acracy"
> methodology.

> At the same time, I also understand that this is a tough call to make.
> Removing the current maintainer if they're not totally MIA may not seem
> right -- it may feel "heavy-handed". Perhaps in these cases, adding an
> additional maintainer that is currently working on the package(s) and
> notifiying the current maintainer(s) that this has been done seems
> reasonable.

Well, I would almost always prefer that the package move to a multiuser
VCS repository and become team-maintained than just be hijacked.  If the
maintainer isn't willing to do that either, my sympathy for their desire
to stop further work until they have more time decreases further.