Re:

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

>So nobody is "stuck". But if packaging work continue to happens outside
>the official VCS and will keep on having troubles being merged into it,
>at some point people will probably feel the need to NMU the packages ---
>better if with sensible delays that allow for review by others. It would
>be preferable to reach a consensual solution before that. But the option
>is on the table, as it is for every other package in the archive.

If a maintainer isn't (capable of) doing the necessary work on a
package themselves, then after a while the best thing they can do is
admit that and cede control to others. It's not an easy thing to admit
"failure" like this, but it's better to do it for the good of our
users and other developers than to continue blocking people. It's also
better for the developer involved to get away from the feelings of
guilt they may be having about not keeping up. There's no shame in
admitting a lack of time on a big volunteer project, we all understand
how this works...

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane